Tuesday 29 May 2012

Tie The Knot - Nicholl for Topshop Bride

This sounds exciting Mr Richard Nicoll designs a bridal collection for Topshop which was unveiled today. The collection is Nicoll's, as well as Topshop's, first ever bridal-specific offering.
"I proposed the idea after my spring/summer 2012 show," Nicoll explained. "I liked the idea of making a modern affordable alternative to meringue culture. The dresses are marketed as bridal but would equally be suitable as bridesmaid or cocktail dresses."

The capsule range - comprising seven dresses, both full-length and short - is embued with Nicoll's signature fuss-free femininity and easy, wearable coolness. The collection features lace and silk dresses in both white and pink - priced from £75 to £350 - and is called Tie The Knot! But don't expect Nicoll to make bridal his new day job.

"I've added a some red carpet options to my forthcoming resort collection but wedding dresses are not something I plan to launch," Nicoll - who has made wedding dresses for friends in the past - told us. "Of course I'm happy to make them on request but I'm not the new Vera Wang, no!"



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment